Home security alarm systems are installed in homes in order to keep eyes and ears on home when family members are asleep at mid-night or away from their homes. To install a home alarm system one need not mind to get sweaty and dirty. The greatest part of the task lies in stringing all the wires of the cable so as to allow the whole system to communicate with one another.
Here are some tips and tricks below in order to install a complete home alarm system for security:
- First and foremost work is to install a main control board, which handles all signals from sensors, cameras, lights of home security system and transmit it to the security company. Therefore, it requires a telephone and power.
- Placing the sensors on all entrance doors and be sure that when the door opens, all the magnetic switches and other sensors are separated and the signal cable is run back to control board.
- A window sensor is installed so as to trigger an alarm when window opens. Again run signal cable is run into the main board.
- A glass break alarm is positioned so as to provide secondary alarms, and again run the cable back to the main board.
- A remote control panel is placed beside the prime entry point. It allows one to disarm and arm the alarm system when one leave or enter a room. And run the cable back to main board.
- Testing of remote control door, panel and window sensor and glass break alarms with the main board of control. A pass code is set to arm or disarm the security system.
Besides the installation steps the necessary tips which one needs to maintain are:
- It is advisable to call for a professional electrician while installing the main board. And one need to turnoff the exact circuit before power is being hooked.
- One need to be careful while installing electronic parts, wiring and al may call for a professional.
- One can also go for a professional installation from security alarm companies itself.